Disclosure: travellye.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (paid link)
To visit Tasmania, you must have a travel voucher with you. You need to apply via the tasse holiday voucher online marketplace to get a travel visa. Therefore, you must follow some rules and regulations to obtain a travel voucher.
What Is A Travel Voucher?
A travel voucher is an electronic certification that allows you to pay for travel costs. They often come in specific hotel, flight, or cruise vouchers. They represent a specific value and can be used towards future purchases. Therefore, It will allow you to have a smooth holiday.
Travel Voucher Features
Some features are currently available in a Travel Voucher. Those are
- Accommodation: Airbnbs, apartments, backpackers and hostels, bed and breakfasts, cabins or caravans in holiday parks, caravan and camping site fees, campervan/caravan hire, cottages, farm stays, holiday houses, motels, hotels, resorts, retreats and lodges.
- Tours: Tour operators regularly offer organised tours with a leisure-tourism focus and experienced guides, which may include a personal host or commentary. For example, a guided walk, a boat cruise, a bus tour, an air tour, an agritourism, a food and wine tour, an outdoor and adventure tour or a cooking class.
- Attractions: Places of interest that offer to experience the leisure tourist and have a fee for entry.
Why Tasmanian Government Use The Voucher Programme
Tasmania travel voucher is specially designed to provide hassle exploration in Tasmania. Let’s see the reasons for using the voucher program.
- The Tassie Holiday Voucher program is designed to support the tourism industry over November and December while our borders remain closed to the central New South Wales and Victoria visitor markets.
- The interstate Holiday Voucher program will be offered to residents over 18 in South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia and is aimed at stimulating travel from those markets and taking advantage of more direct flights recently launched with these specific states.
- There will be 10,000 x $300 Holiday Vouchers distributed through a ballot process, assuming recipients with $200 towards accommodation and $100 towards attractions or tours booked during the eligible period.
Necessary Documents For Travel Vouchers
To get a travel voucher, you must apply online. Therefore, you are required to provide some documents to apply. You must be over 18 years of age. Moreover, You need to provide covid-19 certificate to visit Tasmania.
|A Valid Passport
|Biometric Residence Card
|National Identity Card
|Birth or adoption certificate
Benefits Of Using a Travel Voucher
Using travel vouchers benefits travellers and the Tasmanian Government. However, let’s see the benefits of using travel vouchers in the following city.
- Visitors with less knowledge of Tasmania’s accommodations, tourism attractions and tours.
- To help them book, Tourism Tasmania is activating an online marketplace portal that allows consumers to search available accommodations, attractions and tours and book directly via the marketplace portal using their Holiday Voucher.
- Tourism Tasmania has engaged a third-party software provider called Nabooki to manage the marketplace portal and consumer ballot process and work directly with participating tourism businesses.
- The marketplace portal will provide a streamlined process that enables participating Tourism Businesses to manage bookings and display availability directly to consumers.
- Participating Tourism Businesses are expected to have reasonable and consistent availability across the travel period to facilitate consumer bookings.
- Tourism Businesses who are available during the travel booking period and wish to participate must complete an online Application form.
Best Time To Visit Tasmania
What Is The Tasmanian Travel Voucher Scheme?
Ans: People who want to visit Tasmania and are over 18 years and older can enter a ballot for a travel voucher to spend on accommodation and tourism experiences. Now there are about $7.5 million in new programs.
What Is The $300 Travel Voucher In Tasmania?
Ans: Well, up to 10 000 vouchers worth $300 are up for grabs and distributed to travellers by a ballot process, providing $200 towards accommodation and $100 towards tours or attractions. To enter the ballot, participants must be 18 and over and a resident of South Australia, Western Australia, or Queensland.
When Should You Submit Travel Vouchers?
What Is A Travel Voucher
Ans: A travel voucher is an electronic certificate that can be used to pay for travel costs. They often come in the form of hotel vouchers, flight vouchers, or cruise vouchers. They represent a specific value and can be used towards future purchases.
How Long Do Travel Vouchers Take To Process?
Ans: Well, It depends on many Issues. Therefore, it doesn’t take too long to complete all procedures, which will take approximately 3 to 5 business days.
It is essential to have a travel voucher while exploring Tasmania. Therefore, it will be beneficial for you to have a voucher with you. This process will allow you to get a budget that will suit you.