Disclosure: travellye.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (paid link)
People keep asking Where Is Cowra New South Wales? Here is its answer, on the East Coast of Australia, New South Wales is situated. It borders Victoria to the South, Queensland to the North, and South Australia to the West.
It was founded in 1846 and it derived from the name of an Aboriginal word, which means “the rocks.” It became a municipality in 1888 and was proclaimed a town in 1849.
Cowra is a small town in the Central West region of New South Wales, Australia.
Being the largest population centre, the council seat for the Cowra Shire has a population of 9,863.
It is just over 4hr drive west of Sydney, near the Blue Mountains. You can easily fly into Orange Regional Airport, which is just a 1hr 15min drive away. You’ll find plenty of accommodation facilities in town, including- motels, farm stays, apartments, etc.
Cowra is Famous For
Cowra NSW’s Region
It is a local government area in the Riverina region in Southern New South Wales, Australia. Adjacent to the Murray River and the Riverina Highway, this area was located. It also included the towns of Corowa, Howlong, Balldale, Coreen, Daysdale, Rennie, and Mulwala.
The Regional Areas Of NSW
The NSW Government Regional Boundaries are-
- South East & Tablelands.
- New England/North West.
- Central West and Orana
- North Coast.
- Central Coast.
- Metropolitan Sydney.
Climate Zone Is Cowra
The township of Cowra is situated at the upper reaches of the Lachlan River in the Central Slopes region of New South Wales. This area enjoys a Mediterranean-type climate, with an average rainfall of 625mm.
Cowra NSW, Australia Weather Averages
|High / Low(°C)
|31° / 17°
|28° / 15°
|23° / 11°
|19° / 8°
Local Food Of Cowra
- Ochre Arch Farm is a fully operational 480-hectare farm known for producing quality beef and wool. Here, the owners personally host their visitors.
- Cowra Community Markets are the best way to know about its whole community by visiting all its local markets. Those markets are filled with freshly picked-up produce, meat, baked goods, wines, and more.
- The Quarry Restaurant and Cellars located at 7191 Lachlan Valley Way, offers a beautiful dining and wine-tasting experience. Here, you can enjoy a gourmet lunch and dinner made using some of Cowra’s produce.
Art, Culture, and Events Of Cowra
- This gallery generally offers visitors a diverse and vibrant collection of exhibitions that features traditional and contemporary art from the region.
- To raise people’s awareness and appreciation, the Gallery also hosts public events and activities. It is located at 77 Darling Street Cowra NSW and is open from 10 am to 4 pm (Tuesdays through Saturdays) and 2 pm to 4 pm only on Sundays.
- Sakura Matsuri – Cherry Blossom Festival is one of Cowra’s most anticipated events. It is a celebration of the birth of spring and welcoming it. During this season, Sakura or Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom and participants and visitors from across Australia, and other countries gather at the Cowra Japanese Garden to experience this.
- Cowra Spring Show 2020 features a lot of activities. If the visitor wants they can participate with their whole family can enjoy the springtime.
What Is The Population In Cowra?
In 2021, the population has been estimated for Cowra, was 12,753. Since that the population has grown by 0.26%.
What Are The Industries In Cowra?
Agriculture, Health care, Manufacturing, Education, and Retail are the main industries in Cowra and this field plays a vital role in employment.
This strong and diverse economy underpins the Cowra community immensely.
What Caused Breakout In Cowra?
The Cowra breakout occurred on 5 August 1944. At this time 1,104 Japanese prisoners of the war attempted to escape from a prisoner war camp which was near Cowra, in New South Wales, Australia.
How Big Is Cowra?
Cowra is a small town in the Central West region of New South Wales, Australia. It could be small but has the largest population centre and the council seat for the Cowra Shire, with a population of 9,863.
What Happened In Cowra?
It was the largest prison escape of World War II, and also one of the bloodiest. During the escape, four Australian soldiers and 231 Japanese soldiers were killed or might they have committed suicide. The leftover escapees were re-captured and imprisoned.
Ending The Statement
Very briefly the given topic Where Is Cowra New South Wales has been clarified. Cowra might be a small town in Australia, but it undeniably has a lot of stories, sights, and experiences to offer. Its population is increasing and the small town is growing and being more attractive. The tremendous historical background of Cowra has made its root more strong.